Sunday, October 24, 2010

Eggy in a Basket

Sundays are still "breakfast for dinner".

This week: Eggy in a Basket

I was first intrigued by these watching "V for Vendetta". They are good

So, here's what I do:
  • heat a skillet (to 350 or so)
  • use a glass to cut holes in however many pieces of bread I'm using (I've saved these for some cute French Toast)
  • butter one side of the bread (if you can do both sides, more power to you)
  • place hole-y bread, butter side down on the skillet and break an egg into the hole
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • try to butter the unbuttered side of the bread, or at least melt some butter on the skillet and ...
  • flip once

For this batch, I topped them with cheese. I debated about trying to make Eggy-in-a-Basket-Grilled-Cheese, but figured that was a bit out of my league for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment