Sunday, May 16, 2010

Spinach, Mushroom, Onion and Muenster Quiche

Jeffry loves pie, and he loves breakfast food, so Quiche is the perfect meal. I wasn't a big fan of Quiche before I met him, but it's grown on me.

I use a ready-made crust (uncooked) because I find pastry a pain, and the filings are up to my whims. I've tried crabmeat and swiss cheese, bacon, or veggies - including broccoli.

The rest is mostly Betty Crocker;

Line pie plate with pastry, arrange fillings of your choice in pastry

Mix separately:
1 3/4 c. whipping cream
3 large eggs
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1/8 t.. cayenne pepper (again, I use paprika because it's what I have on hand)

Pour egg mixture into pastry.

Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 300 and continue for at least 30 min (it always takes longer for me), until knife comes out clean.



No comments:

Post a Comment