Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Omlets and Buttermilk Banana Nut Muffin Bread

After visiting the Farmer's Market, we had a lot more onions on hand that are usually in the 'fridge. So our omlets had onion, mushrooms, peppers, gyro meat, and crumbled blue or feta cheeses. When I've done omlets in the past, I've added some water to the eggs while whipping them. This time I didn't, and they turned out much better.

I used my basic sweet muffins recipe to make the bread.

Preheat oven to 400
Grease pan you're going to use

Mix in small bowl:
1 1/2 c. flour (I usually try to use at least 1/2 whole wheat flour)
1/2 c. sugar
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt

Mix separately:
1 slightly beaten egg
1/2 c. milk (I added a bit of vinegar to make this "buttermilk")
1/4 c. vegetable oil

Combine two mixtures until flour mixture is moistened (overmixing causes peaked muffins).

Add mashed bananas, nuts, chocolate chips, blueberries, etc.

Spread in pan and bake 15-20 minutes for muffins, longer for bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment