Saturday, July 21, 2012

Taco Beans

This one is for Tracy ....

Here's where I got the idea: http://aprofessorskitchen.blogspot.com/2011/06/slow-cooker-black-bean-tacos.html

Soak 2 lbs. beans (of your choice) overnight  (I used pinto)

In slow cooker:
2 cans of unsalted sweet corn (that seems to be an oxymoron)
1 chopped sweet onion (all I had on hand, or wanted to bother chopping)
2 rounded teaspoons minced garlic (I get the stuff in the jar)
1 heaping Tablespoon chili powder
the rest of the jar of cumin (just kidding!), 1 1/2 Tablespoons cumin
2 teaspoons oregano
1 Tablespoon (or less?) salt (I used sea salt)
1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
1 teaspoon Hickory Smoked Salt
6 cups water

Cook on High for at least 4 hours.  You may want to have the lid off to let some of the liquid evaporate, or just use less to begin with. (smiles)

See how sassy I get when trying to explain my "dump" cooking?



No comments:

Post a Comment