Thursday, February 9, 2012

Flaxseed Muffins

I started at:
http://www.spiffyman.com/recipes-super-flax-muffins.html


And ended up with:


2 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. oat bran

1 1/2 c. flax seed
 - - side note, mixing these together brought to mind the images from when I was growing up in Africa and we sometimes had weevils in our flour - -
3/4 t. nutmeg
1 1/2 t. cinnamon
1 T. baking powder

1/8 t. baking soda

1/2 c. honey
1 3/4 c. milk (I used rice milk and used about 1 T. lemon juice in an effort to create buttermilk)
1 c. chopped pecans

325 for 20 minutes.

I baked the first dozen and tasted them.  They were okay.  Not too sweet (it is a muffin after all, not a cupcake).  I'd add more honey next time.

For the second dozen, I added a cup of my leftover cranberry sauce from Christmas.  (see #5 http://whatisthewillishouseholdeatingnow.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas.html)
This set had to bake for an hour and still weren't done.

Now that I think of it, some vanilla or almond would be good, and maybe less nutmeg.

No comments:

Post a Comment