Thursday, February 9, 2012

Chicken Salad

It's a meat day!  I usually only eat meat every other day.  It's still easier for me to come up with meat meals than it is for me to come up with meatless ones.  So, as lunchtime approached today, I felt I had more options.   What to do?  Pita bread that I made last night as well as humus, but today, I can do something with meat .... hmmm.  I have chicken chunks in the freezer, so I can do chicken salad.  No celery .... oh well, I'll just use onion and ...... craisins.   Very good.

I think it was about...
1 c. chicken
1/4 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. minced sweet onion
1/2 c. craisins

I served it in the fresh pita bread with some baby bok choy  and Campbells new Harvest Orange Tomato Soup.  I didn't think the soup was all that, but that might be because I'm getting to the point where I want to steer away from processed foods, I don't know.


No comments:

Post a Comment