Wednesday, July 26, 2017

French Toast Bread Pudding

Sunday night we have breakfast for dinner.

I seem to have a gluten sensitivity, so French Bread needs modifications.  Gluten free bread can be pricey, but sometimes I sacrifice the "dough".  I used Rudi's Gluten Free Original Bread, but would normally have gone for something whole grain or multi-grain.

I started here and made it my own; here's what I did ...

Preheat oven to 350.

1 loaf of Rudi's gluten free original bread torn into bite sized pieces

Separately, mix together:
9 eggs
1 can coconut milk
3 T. brown sugar
1 1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/4 t. cloves
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. grated orange peel

Pour egg mixture over bread and stir to combine, allow to soak for 10 minutes.  Spread into 2.5 quart baking dish, and place that dish into a 9x13" pan.  Pour at least 1 inch boiling water into bottom of 9x13", around other dish.  Cover with foil, leaving room for steam to vent.  Bake for 45 minutes.  Remove foil and bake another 40 minutes, until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Serve with powdered sugar or syrup.





No comments:

Post a Comment